Accounting Associate Job – Austin, TX 30935Apply Now
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN ONE OF THE TOP WORK PLACES IN AUSTIN?
Popp Hutcheson, an industry leader since 1983 and the largest property tax firm of its kind in the U.S., is looking for an Accounting Associate to join our team.
As a team member of the Accounting team reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Associate will work with management and staff to support the accounting needs of the organization.
Come work with us in a diverse and supportive environment where management encourages creativity and independence!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process accounts payable from GL coding, recording vendor invoices and processing weekly checks
- Communicates with vendors via phone or email to answer inquiries or clarify issues
- Process employee expense reports
- Prepare invoices according to contract specifications and post payments accordingly
- Prepares deposits and record to accounting systems
- Scan/file accounting documents as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years’ experience working in accounting or related field
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Proficient in Excel and Word skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Generous employee benefits package including company paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, company matched 401k
- 80 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) for the first year, increasing to 120 hours in your second year
- Work at one of Austin’s Top Places to Work and work alongside the best in the industry
- Great team culture
- Holiday parties, breakfast tacos, company lunches, stocked break room , team building events, in-house gym, birthday celebrations
- Diverse, dynamic and supportive team members
- Great work/life balance
- In house training and educational opportunities