Paralegal Job – Austin, TX 23806Apply Now
OVERVIEW OF THE FIRM
Popp Hutcheson PLLC is devoted to the representation of taxpayers in property tax matters and is seeking a highly-motivated paralegal to join our team. Popp Hutcheson is one of the few law firms that provides full-spectrum property tax representation to its clients from “start to finish,” including representation at appraisal review boards, district courts, appellate courts and at the legislature. This comprehensive service is provided by a unique blend of lawyers and tax professionals.
Based in Austin, TX, Popp Hutcheson has been an industry leader since 1983 and is the largest property tax firm of its kind in the U.S. Not only does Popp Hutcheson provide first-in-class service to its clients, the law firm also takes great care of its employees by offering competitive pay, a generous benefits package, and a company-matched retirement plan. Popp Hutcheson also realizes that all work and no play makes for an unhappy team. That is why our firm offers many perks, such as holiday gatherings and birthday parties, Friday morning breakfast tacos, an in-house gym, company lunches, team building events, as well as various training and educational opportunities. There is a great work/life balance here, and employees are treated like family.
Come work with us in a diverse and supportive environment where management encourages creativity and independence!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOBBring your passion for helping others and your sense of fairness to an established and respected company that shares those same values! When you onboard as a Paralegal with Popp Hutcheson PLLC in Austin, you are doing more than just accepting a job offer; you are joining a team of talented people who love working for a diverse company that proves daily just how much we value our staff.
In addition to having the opportunity to be a part of the largest property tax firm of its kind in the country, Popp Hutcheson PLLC offers an almost endless list of employee perks that include an on-site gym, professional development, employee lunches, a stocked fridge in the break room and breakfast tacos every Friday! A generous compensation package also is part of the deal. Receive paid time off, including all major holidays, company-paid health, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K plan that the firm will match after one year.
If you thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere and want a job where your work will be greatly appreciated by the clients you serve, apply for our Paralegal position today!
- Manage an active litigation docket of district court cases throughout Texas
- Assist the firm’s attorneys in daily litigation including scheduling mediations and settlement conferences
- Communicate with the firm’s clients to provide status updates on their properties and to obtain documentation needed for discovery
- Draft pleadings, motions, and discovery under the supervision of an attorney
- Communicate clearly and concisely with team members, clients, opposing counsel, and court personnel regarding a wide range of administrative and litigation matters
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification
- Minimum of two years of experience as a Paralegal in a litigation practice
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and move easily from one task to another